Just a few pages and a small fee later, application, part one is sent off. This step was relatively painless, and helped us to solidify our resolve to follow through with this daunting possibility. Questions still plague and drive our minds. Do we really need another mouth to feed? Will this new little one really become part of our family? And even closer to home: will we really be able to tackle this mountain?
But along the way there are assurances. Some of them come in the form of what we think are glitches. In email conversation with one of our agency rep's, we discover that we need a doctor's letter--from both H and B as to current status of our health. Mainly they are wanting to have a doctor address recent major medical issues. We can recall H's surgeries as well as her recent addition of a hearing instrument, but I'm hard-pressed to remember much about my last surgery (a hernia repair before I ever met H!).
We thank God for electronic communication because we were able to clarify that only H's most recent medical reports were necessary (I'd hate to have to track down a surgeon from 15 years ago). The short of it is that the GYN sent a nice report on to the agency, and the GP wanted to have an office visit just to check and make sure all was still going well. He included in his letter a short paragraph about how healthy I was, too, which was very kind. The GYN also mentioned that she had met me and found me to be a supportive husband to H and that we would do well in the direction we were looking. What wonderful doctors we have!
On a side note, just to keep things light, I thought I'd also share with you my own scatter-brained nature. In the package that included stamped and addressed envelopes for the doctors to send copies of the letter to the agency and to us (for our records), I put both envelopes to the agency into one package and both envelopes addressed to us in the other. Not to worry, though, both doctors' offices used their own stationery and postage (the GP even gave us our stamps back).
Then came the phone call.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your interest.